- 100 % Graduation rate
- All campuses and the district received the highest state accountability rating of "Met Standard" for the 2016-2017 school year.
- 283 students took 513 AP exams in the Spring of 2016.
- Exceeded state AP mean scores for Texas, United States, and world in the subjects of Economics, US Government, Calculus, Environmental Science, and Spanish Language.
- Scored in the top quartile of comparable Texas school districts and earned the Post-secondary Readiness Distinction Designation. This distinction was granted to only 24 school districts out of a total of 1,227 Texas districts. KISD was one of five districts in Texas to receive the Postsecondary Readiness Distinction Designation four consecutive years.
- Exceeded state averages on all 2017 State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) subjects tested at the performance levels of Satisfactory Level II and Advanced Level III.
- Earned all Distinction Designations possible on the 2017 STAAR at Tivy High School.
- Earned a “Superior Achievement” on the School Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas for the 14th consecutive year. This is the highest financial rating a district may earn.