• Frequently Asked Questions

    Q:  What do I do if my child forgot something at school?
    A:  You may come back to school to get it, before 4:00 pm.  Please stop in the office before going up to the classroom.  

    Q:  If my child forgot something at home, how do I get it to them?
    A:  Bring the item to the office and the student will be called down to pick it up. Please make sure your child's name is on it.  

    Q:  What do I do if my child is going to be absent?
    A:  Call the office to report the absence.  The attendance clerk is here by 7:15 each morning and can take the call. In the event that no on is available to answer the phone, please leave a message.  

    Q:  What do I do if my child is going to be tardy?
    A:  Notify the office, so that the teacher can be informed.  When you arrive at school, please have your child check in at the office.  He/She will be given a tardy slip to take to their teacher.

    Q:  What do I do if I need to pick up my child early?  
    A:  Notify the office when you are on the way and your child will be called down to the office to wait for you.  You will need to come in to the office to get the.  For security reasons, we must see you before your child can leave.  

    Q:  What do if the person that is picking up my child is not listed on the registration card as allowed to pick up?
    A:  Call the office or come in to the office to add that person to the approved pick up list. The the person that picks them up will need to bring their drivers license to be scanned.  

    Q:  What do I do if I need to change my child's going home instructions?
    A:  Please call the office by 2:30 pm to inform them of the change.  Due to the commotion that takes place at dismissal time, if you call the after 2:30 pm, we can not guarantee that instruction will be relayed to your child.  

    Q:  What happens if my child forgets their lunch?
    A:  If you will bring the lunch to the office, your child will be called down to pick it up.  Please make sure their name is on it.  If you are not bringing the lunch let the office know so your child can get a cafeteria tray.  

    Q:  How can I find out how much money is my child's lunch account?
    A:  If you have signed up to have skyward access, you may check their account balance online.  If you do not have access to skyward, call the office and they can look up the balance for you.

    Q:  My child lost a jacket, where is lost and found.
    A:  There is a large box near the gym where all lost items are placed.  Please check in at the office and then you may go and look.  

    Q:  If my child misses school, how can I get their make up work?
    A:  Either call the office to request it, or you may email the teacher.  Either way, please call before 1:00 pm so that the work may be gathered.  

    Q:  What should I do if I need to speak with my child's teacher?
    A:  Call the office to schedule a meeting with the teacher, or email the request to the teacher.