Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor's of Business Administration with Concentration in Management Excel Microsoft Office Specialist Certified PowerPoint Microsoft Office Specialist Certified PowerPoint Microsoft Office Specialist Certified Outlook Microsoft Office Specialist Certified IC3 Global Digital Literacy Certified Adobe Certified Associate in Visual Communications Using Adobe Photoshop CS6 Adobe Certified Associate in Rich Media Communication Using Adobe Flash Professional CS6 Business Education 6-12 Certified Technology Education 6-12 Certified
Hello Parents and Students,
This is Mr. Lopez. I'm excited for the 2021-2022 school year here at Tivy High School.
A little about me:
Graduated Texas A&M International University in 2009
Teacher in Midland ISD from 2015 to 2017
CTE Teacher at Kerrville ISD since 2017
I will be teaching Career Prep 1 and 2 and a brand new Robotics and Principles of Applied Engineering class. I am also the Robotics Coach for our school. We compete in the FIRST TECH Challenge for the Hill Country and Northeast San Antonio Leagues.
If your son or daughter is interested in joining the Robotics Club please have them come by A107 to pick up an application for the team.
The 2021-2022 academic school year is here. Please see important notes about my classes and information for students.
When interacting online with me or with each other in any platform please adhere to the following guidelines.
(Career Prep 1, Robotics, Principles of Applied Science and Career Prep 2)
Guidelines for interacting with me and other peers in Microsoft Teams.
- Please use Microsoft Teams to check on classes and coursework.
- Inappropriate behavior WILL NOT be tolerated.
- Please DO NOT Post Inappropriate Content and/or messages. Comments can be “screenshot” and you will be in trouble. Plus we have administration constantly checking posts and messages..
- Please be courteous and polite (at all times) with your teacher and other students when posting comments or asking questions.
- We might use the ZOOM meeting app at times to live chat about class content. Please use appropriate language and meeting etiquette.
- Grades will NOT be available for a couple of weeks. We will build a coursework portfolio and you will receive feedback and opportunities for improvement.
- Please check your email regularly if possible.