Career and Technical Education Programs offer a sequence of rigorous courses that provide students with the knowledge, technical skills, and experiences necessary to prepare for post-secondary careers and education. Teachers work closely with local business partners through the CTE Advisory Board to bridge the classroom with authentic and real-world learning opportunities. Students can demonstrate mastery of skills by earning a variety of industry-based certifications aligned to each of the programs.
Career and Technical Education Programs allow students to:
- Acquire knowledge and skills aligned to careers of interest.
- Participate in hands-on authentic learning experiences.
- Earn industry-based certifications.
- Earn dual-credit for some courses.
- Learn from local business partners and leaders.
- Build leadership skills through participation in student organizations.
For more information about the CTE course offerings available at Hal Peterson Middle School, please review the Course Catalog below.
For more information about the Programs of Study offered at Tivy High School, please see the Course Catalog below.
Tivy High School’s CTE Mission Statement:
The mission of the Kerrville ISD Career and Technical Education program is to empower students to succeed in college and/or careers by developing career, professional, academic, and technical skills through the use of dynamic programs, relevant curriculum, quality facilities, and state of the art tools and equipment.