EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER INFORMATION (Pre-K and Head Start)
Kerrville ISD’s Early Childhood Center is now accepting applications for its Head Start and Pre-Kindergarten programs. Applications are accepted year-round, but the district advises applications be submitted in April. For more information and applications, please call 257-1335.
These programs are open to age and income eligible children living in the Kerrville ISD attendance zone. Children must be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1, 2022 and at least one of the following:
- Qualify for the school lunch program;
- Non-English speaking;
- McKinney-Vento Act;
- Active duty military; MIA/Injured or killed while on active duty;
- Foster care;
- In/was in conservatorship of TxDFPS;
- Qualified through the Special Education Department; or
- Receive SSI or TANF
Please make sure that you have all of the documents required. ECC will not process incomplete applications. Applications must be filled out on site.
What Do I Need to Apply?
Complete an enrollment packet and bring the following items:
- All household INCOME (2021W-2; 2021 Filed Income Tax return; Pay check stubs; TANF; SSI; Child support)
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s Social Security card
- Current Child’s immunization records
- Parent/Guardian driver’s license
- Current Medicaid card; CHIP; or private insurance
- Food Stamp letter (if applicable)
- Proof of foster care or military service
- Two documents for proof of residency-- i.e: Driver’s license; property lease; utility or cable bill; Medicaid letter; vehicle or voter registration card
Where Do I Apply?
KISD Early Childhood Office, located at 1011 Third Street, Kerrville
KISD provides services and accommodations for children with disabilities.
KINDERGARTEN – 5TH GRADE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
For online pre-registration instructions, click here.
For Directions to access Skyward in Spanish, click here.
Elementary Attendance Confirmations - July 26 & 27
Parents must call or visit their child’s school on July 26 & 27 to confirm attendance at that school. If attendance is not confirmed at this time, the pre-registration will be pulled and the child may lose their spot at that campus.
NEW TO KISD IN 2022-2023
Students NEW to a KISD attendance zone will be registered August 1 & 2. Elementary students new to Kerrville will be registered at their home elementary school until the enrollment cap is reached.
For more information, please contact your child’s elementary school. The campus phone numbers are:
Tom Daniels, 257-2208
Elementary Meet the Teacher Events
Early Childhood Campus (Head Start/Pre-K)
Thursday, Aug. 11 By Appointment -- Teachers will be reaching out to parents to set up appointments.
Thursday, Aug. 11 5-6 p.m.
For updated information and important dates, visit www.kerrvilleisd.net, and follow @KerrvilleISD on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.