EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER INFORMATION (Pre-K and Head Start)
Kerrville ISD’s Early Childhood Center is now accepting applications for its Head Start and Pre-Kindergarten programs. Applications are accepted year-round, but the district advises applications be submitted in April. For more information and applications, please call 830-257-1335.
These programs are open to age and income eligible children living in the Kerrville ISD attendance zone. Children must be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1, 2023 and at least one of the following:
- Qualify for the school lunch program;
- Non-English speaking;
- McKinney-Vento Act;
- Active duty military; MIA/Injured or killed while on active duty;
- Foster care;
- In/was in conservatorship of TxDFPS;
- Qualified through the Special Education Department; or
- Receive SSI or TANF
Please make sure that you have all of the documents required. ECC will not process incomplete applications. Applications must be filled out onsite.
What Do I Need to Apply?
Complete an enrollment packet and bring the following items:
- All household INCOME (2021W-2; 2021 Filed Income Tax return; Pay check stubs; TANF; SSI; Child support)
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s Social Security card
- Current Child’s immunization records
- Parent/Guardian driver’s license
- Current Medicaid card; CHIP; or private insurance
- Food Stamp letter (if applicable)
- Proof of foster care or military service
- Two documents for proof of residency-- i.e: Driver’s license; property lease; utility or cable bill; Medicaid letter; vehicle or voter registration card
Where Do I Apply?
KISD Early Childhood Office, located at 1011 Third Street, Kerrville
KISD provides services and accommodations for children with disabilities.
Kindergarten Registration for 2023-2024 School Year
Kindergarten Registration for the 2023-2024 School Year will take place April 3 - 6, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. at each elementary campus.
An evening Kindergarten Registration will take place at each elementary campus on Monday, April 3, 5 - 6:30 p.m.
Documents needed to register a child for Kindergarten:
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Child's Social Security Card
- Parent or Guardian's Identification
- Proof of Residency
- Immunization Record
KINDERGARTEN – 5TH GRADE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
For online pre-registration instructions, click here.
For Directions to access Skyward in Spanish, click here.
Elementary Attendance Confirmations - July 25 & 26
Parents must call or visit their child’s school on July 25 & 26 to confirm attendance at that school. If attendance is not confirmed at this time, the pre-registration will be pulled and the child may lose their spot at that campus.
NEW TO KISD IN 2023-2024
Students NEW to a KISD attendance zone will be registered July 31 & August 1. Elementary students new to Kerrville will be registered at their home elementary school until the enrollment cap is reached.
For more information, please contact your child’s elementary school. The campus phone numbers are:
Tom Daniels, 830-257-2208
Elementary Meet the Teacher Events
Early Childhood Campus (Head Start/Pre-K)
Thursday, August 10 - Pre-K Meet the Teacher (by appointment)
Thursday, August 10 - 5 - 6 p.m. at each elementary campus
For updated information and important dates, visit www.kerrvilleisd.net, and follow @KerrvilleISD on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.