Tivy High School
Tivy High School
3250 Loop 534
Kerrville, TX 78028
Eric Pehl F209, Michele Butler G205
Welcome to Pre-AP Geometry
Academic expectations include the following:
- Read mathematical problems actively and critically.
- Write effective solutions to problems.
- Present solutions to problems effectively.
- Employ multiple critical and creative thinking strategies in reasoning and problem solving.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and appreciation of how mathematics can be used outside the mathematical classroom.
- Be the best version of you EVERY day.
- Have GRIT – push through a bad day.
- Be in the room working, when the tardy bell begins to ring.
- Have all materials out and ready, immediately. (pencils sharpened)
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Show respect to students, teachers and property.
- Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself.
- Follow all rules as stated in the Student Handbook.
- NO CELL PHONES. ALL PHONES WILL BE TURNED AS HE/SHE WALKS IN THE ROOM OR PUT OUT OF SIGHT. (VIOLATORS PHONES WILL BE TAKEN UP AND TURNED INTO THE OFFICE)
- Airpods/ear buds are not allowed during class. They cannot just be sitting in your ears – they must be away in backpacks before class starts.
- Smart watches are not to be used for any kind of communication.
- Pre-AP Geometry = 60% - Tests/Projects 40% - Homework/Quizzes/Warm-ups
- Semester exam is 15% of the semester grade.
- Test corrections for a failing test grade must be completed within the time frame given.
- Late work – 10 points a day (30-point max). After 5 days late the grade is a 0.
- Absent policy for missing assignments – It is the student’s responsibility to get the notes form a classmate. Students are also responsible for getting their assignments from me, before or after school. Students get 2 days for every absence to get their missed assignments in with no penalty.
- School-related absences (sports, ROTC, band…) you should get work before your absence and schedule time to take quizzes or tests BEFORE YOU ARE GONE.
Materials Needed DAILY:
- Spiral for notes, pencils, red pens and a 3 ring binder. (Pens allowed for notes but NOT on assignments)
- NO CALCULATORS will be used during the first semester.
Adhere to the Honor Code: do your own work and exhibit academic honesty. Students who choose to break the Honor Code will be subjected to grade and disciplinary consequences and possible expulsion from the advanced level course.
Pre-Ap Geometry will be utilizing Khan Academy for free, online assignments that will both reinforce lessons as well as prep math skills for the PSAT/SAT.
Khan assignments will be done outside of the classroom and several days will be given to complete the assignments. There is no late work accepted – when the due date passes, the access to submit your work is done.
Office Hours are offered EVERY morning at 7:15(Pehl in room F209).