Kerrville ISD will work cooperatively with the news media for coverage of issues, crisis, general news and events involving the district. Due to FERPA and the sensitivity of certain circumstances, information may not be able to be provided upon request. The safety and security of students and staff is KISD's top priority. Media cooperation and respect in following KISD guidelines is appreciated so that KISD can ensure the integrity of the instructional day and allow KISD to provide consistent, accurate information to media representatives.
The following guidelines are in effect at all KISD facilities:
• All media inquiries should be directed to Lauren Jette, Public Relations Specialist, at the KISD Central Administration Building at 830-257-2200, ext. 1025.
• The Public Relations Specialist should be contacted when a representative of the media visits a facility. If the media visits a KISD facility without prior approval, he or she could be asked to leave and/or be asked to remain across the street, off campus premises. The campus administrator will be notified to coordinate an appropriate time and campus contact person for media visits.
• Cameras/reporters will not be allowed inside the facility unless the appropriate staff members have been notified and it is determined that such a visit will not be disruptive.
• Photographs and video may be taken by the media at the discretion of the campus administrator/Public Relations Specialist.
• The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) must be followed at all times. Each campus has a list of students whose “directory information” (i.e. name, address, picture) cannot be released per the parent/guardian’s request.
• The Superintendent or his designee shall be the official spokesperson for KISD.
Your cooperation with this matter is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Jette at 830-257-2200, ext. 1025.